Can't start FreeRTOS demo on i.MX 7Dual Sabre Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start FreeRTOS demo on i.MX 7Dual Sabre Board

cwes0828
Contributor I

I'm trying to set up an i.MX_7Dual Sabre board for with the FreeRTOS BSP. I'm trying to run a blinking lights demo application. I'm at the point where I've connected to the board's serial debug port and am using a serial terminal (in my case PuTTY on Windows 10) in order to run the demo's binary file via TCM. However, when I start up the serial connection, I get no serial messages from the board at all and it doesn't seem to boot up. PuTTY still recognizes that there is serial connected and the board's debug LED's light up when I send keystrokes from the terminal, but not much else.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

one can check sect.6.1 Running application on TCM (Cortex-M4 Core's Tightly

Coupled Memory) with U-Boot attached Getting_Started_with_FreeRTOS_BSP_for_i.MX_7Dual.pdf

and pay attention to TTY devices on Figure 25. Determining the COM Port of target board.

Demo Images can be found on

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos