Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find PMIC:PCA9450

Jump to solution
nikhil29
Contributor III

Hello NXP,

Currently i'm working on i.MX 8M Nano EVK Board but while booting from SD Card it's showing error as :-

Can't find PMIC:PCA9450

DDRINFO: start DRAM init

DDRINFO: DRAM rate 3200MTS

Training FAILED

Can you please tell me, from where [ Board's H/W ] this error gets occured  ??

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most likely, you are trying to run wrong image on your board.

Most likely, you have the EVK kit, equipped with 8MNANOD4-CPU CPU board that contains the DDR4 memory and BD71850MWV PMIC by Rohm, but try to run the image, compiled for the X-815LPD4-CPU board that contains LPDDR4 memory and PCA9450 PMIC by NXP. Please double-check.

Best Regards,
Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
thiago_machado
Contributor III
Hi NXP TechSupport, I'm facing the same issue with my imx8m nano evk. The solution isn't very clear for me.
Could you share with us the correct image? I'm using the Linux 5.4.47
0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no ready-to-use image for the early i.MX8MNano EVK board version within the L5.4.47 BSP. You have to build it by yourself as described below. Or, you can use the pre-built image, included into the L5.4.3 BSP.

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most likely, you are trying to run wrong image on your board.

Most likely, you have the EVK kit, equipped with 8MNANOD4-CPU CPU board that contains the DDR4 memory and BD71850MWV PMIC by Rohm, but try to run the image, compiled for the X-815LPD4-CPU board that contains LPDDR4 memory and PCA9450 PMIC by NXP. Please double-check.

Best Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos
nikhil29
Contributor III

I have shared another image regarding list of accessories that received from NXP with EVK.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The picture you shared confirms my suspicion. You have the 8MNANOD4-EVK board, but most likely try to run the image for the X-815LPD4-CPU board. Please choose the correct image.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos
nikhil29
Contributor III

Hello NXP TechSupport

i.MX 8M Nano EVK

# Solved :-

1]  Issue of PMIC has solved by flashing Linux Demo image[ L5.4.3_1.0.0_MX8MN (REV LF_L5.4.3_1.0.0 ) ], having PMIC : BD71850MWV

# Error 1 :-

2]  But previously 1 month ago i had tried to flash a Linux Demo Image [ L5.4.24_2.1.0_MX8MN (REV L5.4.24_2.1.0 ) ] but it didn't work at that time, shown can't find PMIC : PCA9450.

# Error 2 :-

3] And after that I had also tried Yocto set up for BSP [ i.MX 8M Nano EVK ] from Yocto project User's Guide [ Rev. L5.4.24_2.1.0, 06/2020 ]

$  DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mnevk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland
$  bitbake imx-image-full

After building above image i got all images and flashed on SD Card imx-image-full-imx8mnevk.wic

after successful flashing, getting same error as can't find PMIC : PCA9450.

So, what i should i do for getting correct boot logs with my own Yocto Set up for Nano EVK  ??

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Kudos
nikhil29
Contributor III

Thanks Artur for your time and kind Support

Issue Solved and now showing power_bd71837_init [ PMIC : BD71837 ] instead of [ PMIC : PCA9450 ] while booting from SD Card.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Kudos
nikhil29
Contributor III

Thank You very much NXPtechSupport

Actually, i'm not understanding how to select perfect image for Nano Board that which is having PMIC [BD71850MWV ] and which is having PMIC [ PCA9450 ].

So, can you please share a link for Linux and Android image for i.MX 8M Nano-D4 [ DDR4 ] having PMIC [ BD71850MWV ] ??

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Kudos
nikhil29
Contributor III

Thanks NXP for your time

I have shared an image [ screenshot ] of error as can't find PMIC:PCA9450

Thanks 

Nikhil

0 Kudos