Can't compile cl_kernel with vcCompiler

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't compile cl_kernel with vcCompiler

Rungfu
Contributor I

Hi everbody! To establish and compile my OpenCL projects for imx8QM MEK boards, I search Vivante IDE on nxp.com according to the Char 12 of i.MX_Graphics_User's_Guide.pdf, but there’s no Vivante IDE found on nxp.com. I download VivanteVTK-v6.2.4.p4.1.7.12.tgz that includes vcCompiler and vCompiler as Vivante IDE does. When I run ./vcCompiler kernel.cl, it returns A ERROR massage.
      ERROR: Cannot find gpu config file viv_gpu.config. Please check and use "-f configFile" to specify the file.
      But there isn’t any viv_gpu.config on my disk.

I suppose the document should precisely tell us how to compile a OpenCl project successfully.
      1. How do I use the VivanteVTK ? Or where can I download the Vivante IDE and VivanteIDE User Guide from?
      2. Where can I get a viv_gpu.config file for vcCompiler when I only find VivanteVTK download?
      3. If a kernel.cl file compiled into a kernel.clgcSL file successfully, How to connect it with the the host program. Should I write
         “program = CreateProgram(context, device, "kernel.cl")”
        or
        “program = CreateProgram(context, device, "kernel.clgcSL")”?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The document is : https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_GRAPHICS_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

The .config file can be found in the vCompiler folder after you installed the vCompiler into your system. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Vivante\vCompiler) . The install files are in the VTK package.

0 Kudos

Rungfu
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. Now I’ve found .config file in Windows, and I ran the following demand on Ubuntu Linux

./vcCompiler -f viv_gpu_imx8qm.config kernel.cl

but an error occurred

error : function: 'dot' hasn't the corresponding declaration

Dot is an cl build-in function that can execute correctly when I add it to the demo Fast Fourier Transform kernel source of imx-gpu-sdk. 

0 Kudos