cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't build kernel with minicom via LTIB for i.MX28

JayWilliamStubb
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to add minicom to my kernel so that I can run a Terminal Emulation program and easily test the communications with the serial device connected to the EVK's HOST USB port. When I tried adding minicom via LTIB and building, it can't find minicom (see listing below). Any idea where I can pick up this pkg?

Thanks,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processing: minicom

=====================

Build path taken because: no prebuilt rpm, Testing network connectivity No network download connection available

Can't get: minicom_2.2.orig.tar.gz at ./ltib line 790.

f_buildrpms() returned an error, exiting traceback:  main:560

Started: Fri Mar 16 14:09:15 2012 Ended:   Fri Mar 16 14:13:57 2012 Elapsed: 282 seconds

These packages failed to build: minicom

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

Please check the internet connectivity. LTIB tries to download sources from a specified location, if it is not available in /opt/freescale/pkgs/. Please Check the spec file. It seems LTIB is trying to download from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/minicom/minicom_2.2.orig.t.... But it is not available in the repository. One quick solution is change the spec file with a more recent and available version, if you are not very particular about the version. In case you require the exact version, you may download it manually and put them in /opt/freescale/pkgs directory.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Kudos

kurt1z
Contributor I

I have the same problem with a IMX53QSB any suggestions ?

gr.

Kurt

0 Kudos