Can i use MMPF0100FBANES as alternate for MMPF0100F0AEP by reprogramming?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use MMPF0100FBANES as alternate for MMPF0100F0AEP by reprogramming?

Jump to solution
deepaknaiknavar
Contributor II

I am using MMPF0100F0AEP for our processor MCIMX6U7CVM08AD. Currently the MMPF0100F0AEP is non stocked which kind of stopped our production.

1. I have checked it everywhere but it is non stocked- Do you have any leads to get the stock for lets say 200 Qty?

2. Can i buy the MMPF0100FBANES which is in stock and and somehow update the configuration of this IC with programming kit (I2C) to the required F0 configuration ?

3. Do you propose any practical solution so we can start the production? something like using the TBB feature and reprogramming MMPF0100FBANES?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Deepak,

I am afraid that you cannot program a device preprogrammed.

In this case you can modify registers value by I2C under the TBB mode. It is possible to start the MMPF0100 directly from the TBBOTP registers without actually programming the part. In TBB mode (TBB_POR = 1), you can ‘program’ the PMIC by setting the internal RAM with the required values, but VIN must be valid all the time to maintain the new values.

To power on with the contents of the internal RAM, the following conditions must exist:

• VIN is valid
  • TBB_POR = 1 and there is a valid turn-on event via the PWRON pin.

Datasheet page 23 --6.1.3 OTP prototyping has detail operation for this explain.

Take in mind that there need of an external controller to change PMIC register value because PMIC is in the turn-off state when programming PMIC register value through I2C command.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Deepak,

I am afraid that you cannot program a device preprogrammed.

In this case you can modify registers value by I2C under the TBB mode. It is possible to start the MMPF0100 directly from the TBBOTP registers without actually programming the part. In TBB mode (TBB_POR = 1), you can ‘program’ the PMIC by setting the internal RAM with the required values, but VIN must be valid all the time to maintain the new values.

To power on with the contents of the internal RAM, the following conditions must exist:

• VIN is valid
  • TBB_POR = 1 and there is a valid turn-on event via the PWRON pin.

Datasheet page 23 --6.1.3 OTP prototyping has detail operation for this explain.

Take in mind that there need of an external controller to change PMIC register value because PMIC is in the turn-off state when programming PMIC register value through I2C command.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Deepak,

I hope all is great with you.

I am afraid that I do not have further information about the future stock of the device.

Note that the configuration of the MMPF0100FBANES device is the FB, while your device is the F0.

Have you considered using the non-programmed device, MMPF0100NPAEP, and then program it with the F0 configuration? Is there stock for the MMPF0100NPAEP device?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
deepaknaiknavar
Contributor II

Hello David,

There is no stock available for MMPF0100NPAEP either.

Only stock available is MMPF0100FBANES.

So can we do something to change the configuration from FB to F0 with external programming kit?

0 Kudos