Can i.MX6Q IPUv3H support extended display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i.MX6Q IPUv3H support extended display

tommalnar
Contributor III

We basically want to render a large display like 2560x720@ 60Hz in the 3D GPU and each half come out on different display interfaces. 

So the questions are, 

1. Can the display interfaces genlock v-sync to each other?  We basically want to swap the GPU image on v-sync and have both displays swap at exact same time with no tearing.  i.e. no phase difference between each v-sync

2. If this is possible within 1 IPU between the two display interfaces, is it also possible between two IPU's?  For example, can v-sync be the same for IPU1 DI0 and IPU2 DI0?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tom

unfortunately generating v-sync to each other between display interfaces

is not supprted. There is EXT_VSYNC depicted on Figure 37-39. DI's block

diagram i.MX6DQ RM, but seems this functionality was not tested.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tommalnar
Contributor III

Thank you Igor, I did see the EXT_VSYNC and thought maybe that could be used, but like you said if NXP didn't try it, I don't think I want to be the first.  

I appreciate your quick response.