Can anyone provide the procedure to enable hardware acceleration in Yocto dizzy for qt5?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone provide the procedure to enable hardware acceleration in Yocto dizzy for qt5?

ambika
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working on imx6q processor.

We are running QT application which has the displaying image in some pattern continuously, there its frame rate is around 10 fps and it uses 100% of CPU.

Where as when I run the same pattern using OpenGL frame rate is 56 to 60 fps and CPU usage is not more than 20%.

Seems like OpenGL is using hardware acceleration and QT is not using. If so.. Can anybody let know to enable hardware acceleration in QT of Yocto dizzy release??

I appreciate your help :smileyhappy: 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ambika

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ambika

for building QT with vpu one can look at  sect.5 Image Build Table 1 fsl-image-qt5

atatched Yocto Guide or
http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos