cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a SPI slave interrupts the IMX6 solo on the SPI bus

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

In my target custom board , a SPI device is interfaced with IMX6 solo over the SPI bus.  Now as per my understanding ,

SPI controller over the IMX6  as a master is the clock generator on the SPI bus . So it will  source the clock during the \

read and write cycles over the SPI bus. So SPI controller will only poll the data from the SPI slave . SPI slave cannot

gives the interrupt to the SPI controller to read the data. But as I see in the reference manual of IMX6 solo , chapter 3 "Interrupts and DMA"  table 3-1  , interrupts number 63 is dedicated for  eCSPI1 . How this interrupt will work ?

Please help me to understand.

Regard ,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Aditya,

DMA can move data form memory to the SPI and viceversa, so the interrupt you saw is specific for the DMA module to indicate data is ready to be copied by the DMA.

If you want to use the slave interrupt you can use a GPIO on the master side and read the slave interrupt signal.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos