Can RT1052 spi nor flash can be used as a XIP place and a writalbe fat filesystem at the same time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can RT1052 spi nor flash can be used as a XIP place and a writalbe fat filesystem at the same time

Jump to solution
huijieshen
Contributor II

Dear Dir:

I used spi nor flash as a XIP media. But since my flash is big, there are a lot of free space left . So I am considering split the XIP flash into 2 parts. Part I is used as XIP storage place, Part 2 is used as a FAT fileystem. I wander if this goal can be achieved. 

Best Regards 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Yes, this can be done. Keep in mind that you cannot erase, write or read the part of the flash that you will use as a FAT filesystem while you do XIP from the same flash. For this, you will have to copy to the internal RAM the functions that interact with this part of the flash. I highly recommend you check the following example in the SDK since it works like this. 

victorjimenez_0-1617241407436.png

Regards,
Victor 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Yes, this can be done. Keep in mind that you cannot erase, write or read the part of the flash that you will use as a FAT filesystem while you do XIP from the same flash. For this, you will have to copy to the internal RAM the functions that interact with this part of the flash. I highly recommend you check the following example in the SDK since it works like this. 

victorjimenez_0-1617241407436.png

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos