Can MFGTOOL program more than one device at once?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MFGTOOL program more than one device at once?

Jump to solution
peter_pinewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have a customer that wants to program more than one board at once with the MFGTOOL (imx6)

Can the MFGTOOL connect to and program more than one device at once?

If so, how is this done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jim,

I have discussed with my colleges on the MFGtool(imx6). We find that the  MFGtool(imx6) can program more than one devices at once. Firstly, you can edit the" UICfg.ini ", the default number of [UICfg]PortMgrDlg is 1, you can change the number but the maximum value is 4. IF you want more than 4 devices ,you can modify the source code of  the MFGtool.

Best regards

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
peteramond
Contributor V

Hi#Rita Wang,

1) Can we use mfgtool(imx6) in windows operating system ? How to use mfgtool in windows. Are there any documentation to refer ?

2) Could you please provide me a link to download mfg tool.

3) There is a Linux version called mfgtoolcli are you aware of this ? From where can I find this and more information about this ?

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Peter

The MFGTOOL(imx6) just can program one device at once.

In the past, the old version can program more than one device, but the new version, it changed the UI. So, only one device can be programed at once.

Best regards

Dan

0 Kudos
peter_pinewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the info Dan.

Do you know if we have any plans to update the new MFGtool to support more devices like we had in the old one?

Otherwise, what are the options for customers to program many imx systems at once with one PC? Can we run multiple instances of the mfgtool with one PC and point each instance to a separate USB port?

Any guidance as to how customers can program multiple imx systems at once would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

I have discussed with my colleges on the MFGtool(imx6). We find that the  MFGtool(imx6) can program more than one devices at once. Firstly, you can edit the" UICfg.ini ", the default number of [UICfg]PortMgrDlg is 1, you can change the number but the maximum value is 4. IF you want more than 4 devices ,you can modify the source code of  the MFGtool.

Best regards

Dan

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,Peter

You can go to http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab to download the source code of MFGtool, you will find IMX_MFG_TOOL_V2_SOURCE under Programmers (Flash, etc.) (3)  . Please modify according to the documents in it .

Best Regards

Dan

Jim_Carlson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Can you tell me the reason that MFGtool was modified so that it can only program one i.MX6 at a time?  If the new MFGTool can only do one device at a time, that's not good and seems like a bad decision: UI over functionality and detached from reality.

Thank you!

--

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jim,

Best regards

Dan

0 Kudos
Alexanderzz
Contributor I

Hello!

I´m trying to program 6 devices at the same time using mfgtool and I found this solution of modifiy the mfgtool source code but exist any documentation or guide  of how to do it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos