Can Linux BSP on iMX6Q processor supports both IPU's

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Linux BSP on iMX6Q processor supports both IPU's

makislivadas
Contributor IV

I am wondering if the Linux BSP running on iMX6Q quad processor which has two IPU units can use both of them.

From what I can see most documentation describe the use of the IPU as it is only one available.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Makis,

Sure the driver it is able to support both of the IPUs at the same time.  One of this feature is the usage of more than two displays.  or the way to do alpha blending of the image with a video.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

makislivadas
Contributor IV

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for your reply.

I am in particular interested for image capture and want to use ipu_prp_enc.c driver for camera capture. This driver seems to just support one IPU not sure how to get the same code to support the second IPU.

Is this at all possible?

Makis

0 Kudos

makislivadas
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I can confirm that this is possible. Hardware has to be designed so that second camera can be linked to second IPU. If then bsp is configured to use the second IPU then the IPU_prp_end.c driver will be supporting second IPU. Also this driver will still support first IPU as well so two cameras can be driven concurrently.

Makis

0 Kudos