Can IMAX 251(ARM926EJS) support SDIO 3.0 WIFI module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IMAX 251(ARM926EJS) support SDIO 3.0 WIFI module

jeschu
Contributor I

We are current studying to add WIFI module with the board using ARM926EJS, but wonder if it works or not?

From datasheet, ARM926EJS only support SDIO 2.0 specification. It shall be works downwards, correct? If anyone has experience for SDIO spec and its design, could you share?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jeschu
Contributor I

Could anyone help to share the knowledge?

Or any freescale FAE/support team could help to deliver the information?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jes chu,

You have called us and our engineer is working on it for you.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jes chu,

In the i.mx25 SD and SDIO cards using the eSDHC, SDIO 2.0 is supported. Details on SDIO 3.0 you can refer to the follow thread:imx 6 sdio 3.0 . Hope it can help you. Any questions you can contact us easily.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jeschu
Contributor I

Dan,

I know that i.mx25 do not support SDIO 3.0 but imx 6 do. If we keep using i.mx25 and do not care for its speed. Could that works?

From hardware perspective, all DATA/IO interface are same. (we plan to do minimum change current test platform, but just add WLAN feature.)

0 Kudos