Can I use two displays(HDMI + LCD) at the same time to display two usb camera inputs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use two displays(HDMI + LCD) at the same time to display two usb camera inputs?

mckim
Contributor I

Hello,

Can I use two displays(HDMI + LCD) at the same time to display two usb camera inputs and GUI on i.MX8MQ?

I would like to show one usb camera input with GUI on one display(HDMI), and
show the other usb camera input with GUI on the other display(LCD)?

Other post in this forum said one display show only video and the other display shows only GUI, Is this true?
after checking i.MX Reference Manual, I think there is a possibility for what I want,
because two GUIs can be displayed on both HDMI and LCD, and
two usb camera inputs is not processed as video(I think this is processed like GUI, even though it will be processed with gstreamer).
But I am not sure.

Could you let this issue clear?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the i.MX Linux User’s Guide​, Chapter 7.3.1.6.1, I think it is possible to display two different inputs to two different displays.

0 Kudos

mckim
Contributor I

Hello, Jimmychan,

Thank you for the reply,

but Could you answer it more cleary?

on the document, i.MX 8M Dual/8M QuadLite/8M Quad Applications Processors Reference Manual, the section 13.1.1.1, it says,

The following use cases are supported:
• Dual display: HDMI driven by Display Controller, with video playback support on
HDMI; MIPI driven by LCDIF, without video playback support on MIPI
• Single display: HDMI driven by Display Controller, with video playback support on
HDMI
• Single display: MIPI driven by Display Controller, with video playback support on
MIPI
• Single display: MIPI driven by LCDIF, without video playback support on MIPI.

I am very confusing and I am not sure i.MX8MQ can support what i want.

Could you answer it for sure?

Thank you...

0 Kudos