Can I use pull-down circuit to i.MX6 PCIe and SATA power pads when there interface are unused?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use pull-down circuit to i.MX6 PCIe and SATA power pads when there interface are unused?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX6 unused pin connection.

Please see Table 2-21 in IMX6DQ6SDLHDG Rev.1.

The recommended connection of power supplies for PCIe and SATA are "Ground".

Then, can we replace "Ground" to "Ground via pull down resistor" as attached image?

PCIe_connection.jpg

Actually, our partner want to use JTAG boundary scan, so they have to remain power to PCIe and SATA power pads.

On the other hands, they don't use PCIe, so they want to obey the recommended connection in normal operation.

In this case, they think they can satisfy the both requirement if they use the pull-down circuit with following switching.

When JTAG boundary scan : Supply power by switch ON.

When normal operation   : Pull down by switch OFF.

Is their understanding correct? is pull-down no problem?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

yes this solution is feasible, no problem with pull-down.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

yes this solution is feasible, no problem with pull-down.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos