Can I set up the step-by-step CPU FREQ. control at high alarm (using thermal driver).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up the step-by-step CPU FREQ. control at high alarm (using thermal driver).

toipaz
Contributor III

Dear Mr./Ms.

I know i.mx6 has the thermal driver for preventing damage from over-heating of cpu.

In driver code, the alarm levels are 85 degree, 105 degre, It is only 2 step levels.

When the cpu temp. is reached to passive level (85), the cpu freq is set-up into the lowest freq. by the thermal driver right now.

There are four frequencies in the cpu freq table of i.mx6 1GHz version, so if the passive level is reached, it would be more efficient to adjust the cpu freq. step by step. Is there the method for a step-by-step adjustment?

Cheol-Hyeon Cho,##

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cheol-Hyeon

please check Chapter 23 CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ) Driver

attached Linux Manual how change the CPU frequency .

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos