Can I remove diode between P3V0_VSNVS and P3V15_VDDHIGH ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove diode between P3V0_VSNVS and P3V15_VDDHIGH ?

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all 

I have a question about connecting diode between VDD_SNVS_IN and VDD_HIGH_IN.

I'm referring a iMX6SLEVK_DESIGNFILES/Schematics/spf-27452_b.pdf.

According to the schematic, there is a diode between VDD_SNVS_IN and VDD_HIGH_IN as below.

pastedImage_1.png

My customer are trying to reduce the number of parts as they as possible. 

When they don't use RTC, can they remove the diode ?

Ko-hey

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Some current flow can take place between i.MX6 VDD_SNVS_IN and  VDD_HIGH_IN, when they

are not equal. Therefore it is recommended that voltage difference between these pins should not

exceed 0.3V  to avoid high current leakage.

VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN can be tied together if the real-time clock function is not
needed during system power-down.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6SLHDG.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Some current flow can take place between i.MX6 VDD_SNVS_IN and  VDD_HIGH_IN, when they

are not equal. Therefore it is recommended that voltage difference between these pins should not

exceed 0.3V  to avoid high current leakage.

VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN can be tied together if the real-time clock function is not
needed during system power-down.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6SLHDG.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yuri Muhin

As a result, user can remove a diode if they want to.

NXP recommends that voltage difference between these pins should not exceed 0.3V to avoid high current leakage when user remove diode.

Am I correct ?

Ko-hey

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are correct; perhaps it would be better just to connect  together 

VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN.

Regards,

Yuri.