cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cameras on IMX53

PeterKhrapchenk
Contributor I

Hi,

In my project i need two cameras working simultaneously on a chip(just like 3d cameras). Does IMX53 support this mode by default or not? If not, how can i implement this?

Best regards,

Peter.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

paulhottell
Contributor I

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck finding a patch for multiple CSI support? I am currently trying to get this functionality working myself. I've seen several threads talking about it, but haven't seen any patches posted.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

HenriBragge
Contributor I

Hi Marko,

Did you have success modifying mxc_v4l2_capture.c? Probably some tips or even patches that you could share?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

MarkoPanger
Contributor III

I'm also working on a project wich requires two cameras. We plan to connect them through CSI0 and CSI1. So far no problems. From the HW point of view is an rather easy task. However the current IPU driver provided y freescale doesn't support usage of two cameras. The file mxc_v4l2_capture.c supports only one instance and has to be modified along with other stuff probably. I plan to work on that in the next few weeks.

Please update us on your progress.

Marko

0 Kudos

ff
Contributor II

hi Marko

recently I'm  also working on a project with requires two cameras,

would u please show us your achievement on this project?

best regards

0 Kudos

AndrejBarbis
Contributor I

it is possible to connect two CSI cameras on iMX53 Quick Start Board on the CSI0 and CSI1? Camera has 12-bits. I would like to use QSH-060-01 connector, which support CSI0 (only 8-bits) and i don't need DISP0 pins, which i want to use for connecting second camera, if it's possible. I know, that iMX53 support CSI0 for connecting first camera and CSI1 for connecting second camera.

Best regards,

Andrej 

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

iMX53 can handle up to 2 CSI cameras (hardware acceleration input), although you will need to prepare some hardware for that.

You can work with 2 USB cameras, in this case, you can you QSB as is, and have your stereo camera.

So, please, describe the hardware you´ve been using for that.

0 Kudos