Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera signal input of i.MX6Solo.

Jump to solution
takashitakahash
Contributor III

Dear community.

Our customer has question below.

① Data is valid during the period when DATA_ENBLE is valid.
However, since it is necessary to set the front and back porch, it is necessary to set the start period and image size by registers.
Is this correct understand ?

② When the following camera signal is input to i.MX6 (D_EN is set to Hi for the period when the data becomes effective considering front / back porch)
As shown in Figure 19-3 of IMX6SDLRM, since D_EN does not come before Vsync and Hsync, is it correct that it is impossible to use D_EN as i.MX6S?

If the above is correct, do not set D_EN to i.MX 6 ,  set a register with Sensor Image Frame and accept camera image?
Please refer to the attachment figure.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean the MIPI CSI2 to IPU gasket module, described in the Chapter 19 of the i.MX6Solo/DualLite Reference Manual document? If so, please note that for this module DATA_EN is just the asynchronous signal, indicating that data transfer is in progress. The actual data synchronization is performed by the Vsync and Hsync signals.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean the MIPI CSI2 to IPU gasket module, described in the Chapter 19 of the i.MX6Solo/DualLite Reference Manual document? If so, please note that for this module DATA_EN is just the asynchronous signal, indicating that data transfer is in progress. The actual data synchronization is performed by the Vsync and Hsync signals.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos