cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFIG_FB_PRE_INIT_FB

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

We are using sabresd iMx6Q board.The boot loader splash screen is showing for 7 sec.After that the lcd screen is blank for 20 sec before the kernal splash screen is loaded.I heard about that kernel configuration parameter CONFIG_FB_PRE_INIT_FB , it allows to have an image displayed nearly immediately after power-on, so the delay needed to boot the Linux kernel is is masked to the user. But this option is not available in my kernel (Linux Kernel – 3.0.35) and I am not sure how to implement this or where to start.

please help me to solve this issue

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sachu sanal, I think you can reference to the followed patch for your use case:

Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel to Android for JB4.2.2_1.1.0-GA and L3.0.35_4....

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hi  Qiang ,

Thanks for your response. but this patch is already tried out in our case.

what we are seen nothing shown in the bootloader loading time and flickering occured at the kernel booting.

noting we be seen in the  display

we are using kernel boot argument as  “console=ttymxc1,115200 ip=none root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait video=mxcfb0:dev=adv739x,BT656-NTSC,if=BT656,fbpix=RGB565 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1280x720M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb2:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB24,bpp=24,fbpix=BGR32 ldb=dul0 video=mxcfb3:off consoleblank=0"

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sachu Sanal, that patch doesn't support adv739x as the main display.

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Ok ..

Thanks for your response, could you please help me to solve the splash screen loading continuously  issue..

is it possible to  enale CONFIG_FB_PRE_INIT_FB  in our kernel

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"CONFIG_FB_PRE_INIT_FB" is not a pure software feature, it still needs the IPU display driver to skip the hardware re-initialize, just like my logo keep patch did, for different display device on different IPU DI port, you need modify the code to skip the clock and hardware re-initialization.

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

where i need to midify please tell clearly.Because i am not familar about driver codes...

let me know is any another way to reduce the delay in our splash loading its urgent work in our case.

i here by attach the boot up log for your refernce

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The "Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel to Android for JB4.2.2_1.1.0-GA and L3.0.35_4.... " had given three examples for HDMI, LVDS and LCD display. You can reference to them and implement the adv739x case, it is more like parallel LCD display, I think you can base on this example.

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

i here by attach the  our kernel board config file for your refernce  let me know which files i need to modify.

please reply me. Its an urgent work

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is not a simple task, you need understand the patch, then modify the code for your use case.

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Thanks for your response.

I cant understand anything from the patch.

could u please clearly tell in patch whioh section or which file modification takes place HDMi /LCD/LVDs initialisation

0 Kudos