Bus load monitoring of DDRC (imx8)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus load monitoring of DDRC (imx8)

richard_rojfors
Contributor II

In the imx6 there was a tool called mmdc2 which used the monitoring feature of the memory controller (MMDC) of the i.MX6.

Is there something similar for the DDRC in i.MX8?

In this specific case we need to monitor the bandwidth utilisation on an i.MX8M nano.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Richard,

The performance monitor tools like mmdc2 will come with Linux BSP release For i.MX8, or you can use the perf command  perf stat -a -e ddr0/read/

Regards

0 Kudos

PeterBergin
Contributor III

Bio_TICFSL‌ - looking in to the reference manual of i.Mx8M Nano I can not find any DRC Performance Monitor (DDR_PERF_MON). As this original question was about performance measurement on Nano can you please confirm or reject if the mentioned perf dirver should be possible to use on Nano? I assume it is not as this block does not seem to be present in Nano.

0 Kudos

PeterBergin
Contributor III

Hi @Bio_TICFSL,

do you have any news about when you will add such support? Either tools to the Linux BSP or the perf driver. I would also like this for iMx8m nano.

Best regards,

/Peter

0 Kudos

richard_rojfors
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned we are using the nano, and unfortunately there is no support for this driver and the nano currently. (Using your 5.4.3 kernel)

To save time and do it by myself, do you support the nano in some other version of the kernel which I can copy from?

0 Kudos