cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Qt applications for imx

danix
Contributor III

Hello all,

Lately, I was successful in building Qt-4.7.2 for my custom board with imx23 following the procedure on the wiki,  the demos are wonderfull...

Now I made a simple "Hello world" application using Qt-creator, But I don't know how to cross compile it for my board; I tried a lot, but with no luck; I'm just a newbie afterall.

Can somebody give me a detailed procedure on how to build applications that are created with Qt-creator for imx devices... may be a complete document or a link may save a lot of head scratches

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

danix
Contributor III
The errors "unknown replace function: quote" persists. Also a new problem arises:

Project LOAD(): Feature qt_config cannot be found.

and qmake exits...
0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I guess you'll have to set QMAKESPEC or use -spec parameter to qmake to configure location of the .spec file you used to build the Qt for target.
0 Kudos

danix
Contributor III

Hi Vladan,

I have tried that, but it gave me an error like these:

danny@Danny:~$ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin
danny@Danny:~$ export PATH=$PATH:/home/danny/Target/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2/bin/qmake
danny@Danny:~$ cd /home/danny/Projects/my_app
danny@Danny:~/Projects/my_app$ qmake
/home/danny/Target/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2/.qmake.cache:2: Unknown replace function: quote
/home/danny/Target/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2/.qmake.cache:3: Unknown replace function: quote
Failure to read QMAKESPEC conf file /mkspecs/qws/linux-mxs-g++/qmake.conf.
Error processing project file: /home/danny/Projects/my_app/my_app.pro

I couldn't figure what I'm missing, what is wrong with this ".qmake.cache" file? and my spec file /qws/linux-mxs-g++ worked fine when I build Qt, all the demos are running perfect on the target....

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
There should be a qmake built in the <qt_build_folder>/bin/ I believe. If you run this qmake while you are in the folder where your Qt application is, it will build Makefile that can be used to cross-compile your application. Then you just use make and make install to build and install your app.
0 Kudos