Did you mean: 

Build wpa_supplicant with IMX8 Yocto framework

chetanks
Contributor III

Hi there,

HW: MCIMX8-EVK

I have setup Yocto SDK for IMX8 and built images with:
bitbake core-image-minimal-dev

Now, I need to test my WIFI NIC which was integrated and driver is able to load now on IMX8 - need wpa_supplicant and hostapd to do so.

Tried to build wpa_supplicant out of the SDK as the SDK didn't have wpa_supplicant for this minimal-image.

Built libnl (netlink library) and copied libs and header files into recipe-sysroot/ used for sysroot dependency for any package. But the build of wpa_supplicant after that complains as below:

------
/media/chetan/works/imx8/WE866Cx_imx8mq_yocto_4.14.98/build/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-poky-linux/../../libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/7.3.0/ld: cannot find -lnl
/media/chetan/works/imx8/WE866Cx_imx8mq_yocto_4.14.98/build/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.14.98-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-poky-linux/../../libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/7.3.0/ld: cannot find -lnl-genl
------

Tried various configuration changes w.r.t LDFLAGS and LIBS settings in wpa-supplicant .config file, but failed.

I am trying now to see if there is any other way to build wpa_supplicant with bitbake which may make it easy for me.

Otherwise, please share your feedback to help resolve this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Hi Chetan,

For any help regarding Murata solutions/modules, feel free to post at the Murata technical forum: https://community.murata.com/s/.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi chetanc10

for wpa_supplicant also may be useful to look at wifi Linux Guide on

wireless.murata.com/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-nxp-i-mx.html

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

chetanks
Contributor III

Hi.

My bad.

I was supposed to try wpa-supplicant not wpa_supplicant. Now I see bitbake builds the package.

0 Kudos