cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error following Windows IoT Core Porting Guide

me1
Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm trying to follow the documentation on porting i.MX in the i.MX Windows 10 IoT User's Guide to create a version for the Solidrun HummingBoard Edge.

Following the steps in the guide chapter 11, I have set up the build environment and I tested it by building the Sabre_iMX6Q_1GB firmware. As I'm creating a new board I then followed the steps in chapter 13 and created a new board entry, setup Visual Studio and confirmed that it could build the new project, BSP and FFU.

Chapter 13.1.3 then says to follow the steps in chapter 14, the i.MX Porting Guide, to create the specific firmware.

In chapter 14.1.2 I followed the steps but when I get to step 8, where it says:

8. Build your board. Be prepared to spend some time fixing compilation errors as you get your
board into buildable shape.
1 make yourboard_nt_defconfig
2 make

I end up with an error:

CC      arch/arm/mach-imx/dev_secret.o

In file included from arch/arm/mach-imx/dev_secret.c:14:0:

./external/RIoT/CyReP/cyrep/RiotCrypt.h:32:33: error: ‘SHA256_DIGEST_LENGTH’ undeclared here (not in a function)

#define RIOT_DIGEST_LENGTH      SHA256_DIGEST_LENGTH

^

arch/arm/mach-imx/dev_secret.c:33:21: note: in expansion of macro ‘RIOT_DIGEST_LENGTH’

uint8_t hashed_cdi[RIOT_DIGEST_LENGTH];

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scripts/Makefile.build:278: recipe for target 'arch/arm/mach-imx/dev_secret.o' failed

make[1]: *** [arch/arm/mach-imx/dev_secret.o] Error 1

Makefile:1382: recipe for target 'arch/arm/mach-imx' failed

make: *** [arch/arm/mach-imx] Error 2

Any suggestions on where this error may be coming from? 

Thanks,

TonyG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tony,

It looks like you need openssl/sha.h, for some reason you added a code that is for linux, make sure you added the header.

Regards

0 Kudos

me1
Contributor II

Thanks appreciate the reply - I followed just the steps outlined in the user guide here so I'm wondering if you happen to know what step introduced the Linux dependency or how to remove it?

Thanks,

TonyG

0 Kudos