Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Manufacturing Firmware in Yocto

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

I want to know how to build manufacturing firmware in Yocto.
According to "Manufacturing Tool V2 Linux or Android Firmware Development Guide V2.docx", user have to see the BSP USer Guide, chapter "Build Manufacturing Firmware".
However, there is no document that chapter is included in fsl-yocto-3.10.17_1.0.0.

Which document should I check ?

Best Regards,

ko-hey

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to section 6.2 (The Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool) of

“Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf” in the L3.10.53 BSP documentation :

One way to place an image on a device is to use the Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool.

The recipes used to build a manufacturing tool image are linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool.

To build a manufacturing image do the following -

$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs

A manufacturing tool kernel is built using the imx_v7_mfg_defconfig while the default kernel is

built by using the imx_v7_defconfig. This is handled automatically by the MFGTool recipes listed

above. For more details on how to use the manufacturing tool, see Section "How to Enter Serial

Download Mode for MFGTool" in the i.MX Linux User's Guide.

Also You may look at section 6.3 (MFGTool) “Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf” in
the L3.10.17.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to section 6.2 (The Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool) of

“Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf” in the L3.10.53 BSP documentation :

One way to place an image on a device is to use the Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool.

The recipes used to build a manufacturing tool image are linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool.

To build a manufacturing image do the following -

$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs

A manufacturing tool kernel is built using the imx_v7_mfg_defconfig while the default kernel is

built by using the imx_v7_defconfig. This is handled automatically by the MFGTool recipes listed

above. For more details on how to use the manufacturing tool, see Section "How to Enter Serial

Download Mode for MFGTool" in the i.MX Linux User's Guide.

Also You may look at section 6.3 (MFGTool) “Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf” in
the L3.10.17.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yuri

I tried the commad and got a following error message by using L3.10.17.

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs'

I think the command is for L3.10.53.

So user have to use a following command for L3.10.17.

Is it correct ?

$ bitbake fsl-image-manufacturing

Ko-hey

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try

$make imx_v7_mfg_defconfig

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yuri

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the command at fsl-release-bsp/build directory but had a following message.

make: *** Mo rule to make target 'imx_v7_mfg_deconfig'. Stop.

Let me know if it is wrong.

ko-hey

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Yuri

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'll check it.

ko-hey

0 Kudos