cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build LTIB L3.0.35_4.1.0 failed with errors

billyang
Contributor III

Hi,

RE: iMX6 platform and imx6q_sabrelite board.

It is strange that I was built the bsp successfully before. After I modified some configurations, e.g. openssl and hostapd, I tried to re-build it, but failed. Even I cannot back to previous one. the failure message as below. I used ./ltib -C  which is continue build option.

These packages failed to build:
openssl openssh hostapd gst-plugins-good

I wonder if some one specifying for me.

Thanks,

-Bill

Labels (2)
6 Replies

alfredmeng
Contributor I

Hi Bill,

I had the same problem with you.

Just update the openssl.spec at ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/openssl/

line 67:

change "make install -j1" to "make install_sw -j1"

then ./ltib

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Bill

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Bill

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bill,

How do you modify your configuration? By LTIB? Or by other methods? Can you give more detailed information that i can reproduce your error?

You can try to rebuild image without LTIB.

Step 1  Set vriable ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE in ~/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux

Step 2 make menuconfig and make image

0 Kudos

billyang
Contributor III

Hi Jimse,

The situation happened after my ubuntu system was upgraded from 13.10 to 14.04 LTS, I re-configure ltib with option -m distclean. Then  I started to rebuild the ./ltib -c, unfortunately it failed on openssl build as error message below:

created directory `/home/byang/ltib/tmp/openssl//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/ssl'
created directory `/home/byang/ltib/tmp/openssl//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/ssl/man'
created directory `/home/byang/ltib/tmp/openssl//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/ssl/man/man1'
created directory `/home/byang/ltib/tmp/openssl//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/ssl/man/man3'
created directory `/home/byang/ltib/tmp/openssl//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/ssl/man/man5'
created directory `/home/byang/ltib/tmp/openssl//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/ssl/man/man7'
installing man1/CA.pl.1
installing man1/asn1parse.1
installing man1/ca.1
installing man1/ciphers.1
installing man1/cms.1
cms.pod around line 457: Expected text after =item, not a number
cms.pod around line 461: Expected text after =item, not a number
cms.pod around line 465: Expected text after =item, not a number
cms.pod around line 470: Expected text after =item, not a number
cms.pod around line 474: Expected text after =item, not a number
POD document had syntax errors at /usr/bin/pod2man line 71.
make: *** [install_docs] Error 255
error: Bad exit status from /home/byang/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.66687 (%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/byang/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.66687 (%install)
Build time for openssl: 1 seconds

Failed building openssl

So I continue build the BSP with option -C. then it pop up more package build failures as my posted above. I really don't have any idea what/how to fix the ltib build. Is it because the ubuntu upgrade 14.04 issue or something happened?  In previous ubuntu 13.10 I was successfully building the ltib for my target nitrogen6x, linux-imx6 kernel for uImage as well as u-boot 2009.8.

Currently, I still can build uImage on my ubuntu 14.04 LTS success. but I could not build ltib any more. I hope you may provide more information regarding this issue.

thanks,

-Bill

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Bill

As far as I know, the latest Ubuntu distuibution of LTIB officially supported by freescale is 12.04LTS. So, the more higher version, for example 14.04LTS, maybe have something wrong with LTIB. You can try using Yocto Project to build image. In the future, freecale will mainly transfer to Yocto Project and LTIB will be deprecated gradually!
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1616 Freescale Yocto Project main page

So, don't update your Ubuntu for LTIB and unpredictable errors may occur!

0 Kudos