cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken VGA and Audio output in i.mx53 QSB

UroaiGolob
Contributor I

Mine shipped with defective vga and audio port :(

There was only left audio signal (one bad smd contact). I was able to fix that couple of weaks ago.

But second flaw is annoying because in VGA there is no red colour signal. Picture is strange and washed out. I figured that out only recently, because until now I used my board without X server. I want to develop some sort of iptv player and without clear picture this is pointless.

I bought qsb only because vga port! Anyone got any idea how to locate a problem and fix it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

UroaiGolob
Contributor I
I found the source of errors its not imx53QSB to blame, but my Samsung LCD (logic board actually). Thank you for your time!
0 Kudos

Yanfei_Sun
Contributor IV

could it be a VGA connector issue? VGA module are located inside the SoC and wires are layout on the board, it's hard to break this kind of hardware. solder another VGA connector and have a try if you can.

BR,

Ray

0 Kudos

UroaiGolob
Contributor I

Well I tested this board with couple of prebuild images (ubuntu; 10.04, 11.10, linaro; 11.08, 11.09, android: 2.3.4) , and couple that I build myself... Symptoms repeats everywhere!

So I am 100% that this is hardware related,...

Maybe even something trivial like bad vga cable(I will jump out the window if this is the case!)

Is it possible to use lvds to output directly to hd lcd panel(think old laptop)?

TY!

Uroš

0 Kudos

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

What BSP and Kernel version are you using?

What Bootloader are you using? U-boot?

Rgds,

Rogerio

0 Kudos