Broken Galcore after update (Utilite Pro i.MX6Q / ArchLinux ARM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Galcore after update (Utilite Pro i.MX6Q / ArchLinux ARM)

Jump to solution
rex357
Contributor II

I had the whole board setup and working. I have ArchLinux ARM installed on there and I downloaded the hard float BSP (BSP 3.0.35 4.0.0) here :

Index of /bsp/freescale/source/

The first time around when I had it working for a couple months, I had simply ran the .bin and it unpacked all the stuff that needed to go in the /usr/lib and /usr/include folders. Copied all the files to the appropriate directories and then chmod 666 /dev/galcore and I was able to run my application.

Now, I had to run

pacman -Syu

and it updated a bunch of stuff including the linux-utilite headers I believe. Anyways, I've tried to go through the same steps again except this time it's not working at all. Executing the .bin now simply gives me:

Welcome to Freescale

ERROR:

And when I try to execute my program, I get a segmentation fault in /usr/lib/libGAL.so. The segmentation fault comes from gcoHAL_QueryChipCount(). The solution to this for me used to simply be chmod 666 /dev/galcore but that doesn't work anymore.

Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rex357
Contributor II

Here's the solution for ArchLinux ARM and Utilite Pro:

pacman -S gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-fb firmware-imx imx-vpu

Answer yes when it asks to remove mesa-libgl because it's conflicting.

Tada!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rex357
Contributor II

Here's the solution for ArchLinux ARM and Utilite Pro:

pacman -S gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-fb firmware-imx imx-vpu

Answer yes when it asks to remove mesa-libgl because it's conflicting.

Tada!

0 Kudos
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

The GPU driver is very dependant on the kernel version you are using. The HardFP GPU only works with newer kernel or with patches. Please refer to the meta-fsl-arm-extra repository for corresponding patches.

0 Kudos
rex357
Contributor II

As for kernel version, running uname -a gives me:

Linux alarm 3.0.35-15-ARCH #1 SMP Sat Apr 26 18:40:23 MDT 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

And running pacman -Q I get:

libutil-linux 2.24.1-6

linux-api-headers 3.13.2-1

linux-firmware 20140316.dec41bc-1

linux-utilite 3.0.35-15

linux-utilite-headers 3.0.35-15

util-linux 2.24.1-6

I went into that repo but I'm not gonna lie, I'm lost at this point. I don't see anything that pertains to the Utilite Pro or the HFP GPU. Could you provide more guidance?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Sure.

Please follow:

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/blob/daisy/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-congatec_3.0.3...

You see there the list of patches we apply. This applies on top of FSL 3.0.35-4.1.0 (4.0.0 is old and it is better you to update it). The 4.9.6p13 (which updates the GPU) is the patch:

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/blob/daisy/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-congatec-3.0.3...

This should give you all the background information you need.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
rex357
Contributor II

So I was trying to figure this whole thing out and I just noticed this is for the Yocto Project. However, I'm running ArchLinux ARM which is not supported by the Yocto Project. Is there any other way I can get this working?

0 Kudos