Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting error in imx6

Jump to solution
emmanuelperea
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with imx6 dual lite conncectore of digi. I am using a 4.9 kernel builfing with yocto 2.4. It was working fine, I have some issues with display but i could boot and operative system init. Until I made a mistake, I mounted mmcblk0p3 i a folder and I replaced the etc folder with another etc folder that I copied flrom another imx6 board, but before that the second etc folder I copied in a windows system. Plus I umounted and mounted the mmcblk0p1 in /mnt/linux to change a dtb file. After that I restart the board but dont start again I had this uotuputs:

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p3): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p3): couldn't mount as ext2 due to feature incompatibilities
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p3): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 179:3.
devtmpfs: mounted
Freeing unused kernel memory: 1024K
Starting init: /sbin/init exists but couldn't execute it (error -14)
Starting init: /bin/sh exists but couldn't execute it (error -14)
Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidanc.
CPU0: stopping
CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.9.81-dey+g2c6ae4c #2
Hardware name: Freescale i.MX6 Quad/DualLite (Device Tree)

---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt fo.

Reading this I think that kernel is initialized and mmcblk0p3 ext4 is monted, but there is an init error for some reason. I tried to boot from tftp but I had the same problem, and I updated kernel and rootfs in the board but I had the same problem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emmanuel

one can try to reflash images :
https://www.digi.com/products/embedded-systems/system-on-modules/connectcore-imx6#productsupport 
also issue may be posted on digi forum
Digi Forum 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emmanuel

one can try to reflash images :
https://www.digi.com/products/embedded-systems/system-on-modules/connectcore-imx6#productsupport 
also issue may be posted on digi forum
Digi Forum 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

emmanuelperea
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thakns for response, yes I could fix It. I updated all system, bootloader, kernel and rootfs and It works. 

0 Kudos