Boot timing characteristics on USDHC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot timing characteristics on USDHC

arnomorbach
Contributor I

Some uSD cards on USDHC-3 do not boot on a DualLite i.MX6. It seems as if the cards do not response fast enough after power up. In fact the data sheet of the failing cards says that it might take up to 1 second to be able to respond to the first ACMD41.

Is there any information about the detailed steps of the ROM boot code and which timing needs to be observed by the boot media? I didn't find any information in the reference manual, the data sheet and the hardware development guide.

At the moment we see that behaviour with one type of SD cards. But we don't know how safe we are with the others. Is it just some milliseconds margin which might not work at high or low temperatures?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arno

reason may be ERR007926, ERR009678 ROM: SD/EMMC/NAND prematurely

times out during boot so one can check RTC_XTAL clock.

Unfortunately there is no more information about the detailed steps of the ROM boot code

except provided in Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos