Boot from on-board EMMC and update from SD-card in uboot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot from on-board EMMC and update from SD-card in uboot.

peng_cheng-hui
Contributor I

Hello there,

I want to update system image from SD-card with u-boot running on i.MX6dl. The u-boot is pre programed on eMMC and there are 2 slots for SD-card on the i.MX6dl board. If I boot-up the system from eMMC, could I update the system image(kernel, rootfs, etc.) from SD-card with u-boot running ? If so, how could I do it? are there anything I need to configure in u-boot ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

peng_cheng-hui
Contributor I

Hi Wang,

Thank you for your reply. I think there is some misunderstanding, I'm not trying to boot from sd-card, I'm trying to upgrade rootfs, kernel(zImage) or device tree(.dtb)  from sd-card(a storage device, not bootable) in u-boot. Because of there will be only one way to upgrade the end-product, sd-card. In u-boot, I can see my files which are saved in sd-card by using command "ls mmc":

=> ls mmc 0:1
<DIR>       4096 .
<DIR>       4096 ..
<DIR>      16384 lost+found
       398006093 fsl-image-qt5-imx6dlsabresd-20170829113635.rootfs.tar.bz2
         6577200 zImage

So, how do I upgrade rootfs, kernel(zImage) or device tree(.dtb) to eMMC in u-boot from SD-card?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can refer to How to boot iMX6qSabreSD from eMMC with SD Card Present  and https://community.nxp.com/message/821445?commentID=821445#comment-821445 . Or you can use the mfgtool to download the images to emmc and then boot from emmc.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos