Board not booting when IPU2 parallel port is used

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board not booting when IPU2 parallel port is used

guna007
Contributor III

I am using IPU2_CSI parallel port to capture image from image sensor. The IPU2_CSI_HSYNC pin is muxed with BOOT_CFG4_7 pin (EIM_B3 pad). If the image sensor is connected when the system is powered, it's not booting.If I disconnect the image sensor, it's booting normally. If the image sensor is connected after the system is booted, I am able to capture the image. I guess there is some issue with the boot pin when the system is booting(boot ROM, boot cfg reading) and boot loader is stuck in some state instead of booting from SD card.

Additional details:

1. Board - Custom boardyou

2. Linux - 3.14.52

3. Yocto - Fsl-community

4. Image sensor will generate VSYHC, HYSNC and PIXCLK when the system is powerod on (possible that it happens even before the processor gets the power.I guess this is what messing up the boot sequence)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gunasekaran

to prevent sensor override boot selection, bus isolation

circuit should be implemented, it is described in sect.

2.3 Bus isolation circuit i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

guna007
Contributor III

Igor,

We have the isolation circuit already. What other can we do to overcome

that?

Thanks,

Guna

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 4:51 AM, igorpadykov <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos