Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beaglebone black - >i.MX8 Eval kit

arkernel
Contributor I

@

Hi All,

I am working i.MX8 Evalution kit i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit|NXP . I do have linux driver code for beagle bone black board BeagleBoard.org - black . I want to port the code available at beaglebone black board to i.MX8 eval kit.

Can anybody help in this ? How the same can be performed ?

Regards.

Ankur

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ankur,

The i.MX Linux BSP are distributed trough Yocto, so you could create a new layer that adds the desired packages to your image.

I’m not familiar with this board and it’s BSP. If it’s delivered through Yocto it may be relatively simple to add the Yocto layers (albeit you would need to review the packages dependencies to make it work). If it’s not in Yocto you may manually add the code an libraries to the image or as I mentioned creating a new Yocto Layer to add the required applications and libraries.

You can see a bit more on how things are handled in Yocto on the Yocto Reference Manual.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ankur

one can check linux documentation (Linux Manual, Porting Guide, e.t.c.) on below link

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

also nxp can help customers with porting software with Professional Services :

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos