Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Support on i.MX6 SDP

Jump to solution
EdWhite
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A partner asks:

I am having some confusion regarding the battery connections and what can be used on the i.MX6 SDP platform. Can you please provide information on how the battery is connected on the i.MX6 SDP and where can we purchase the batteries for SDP platform?   Understanding the “how to connect” is a higher priority than purchasing the batteries.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdWhite
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I does not get any easier with the SDP,  as long as the board has the battery charging circuit populated.*

There are battery connectors and also holes for direct wire soldering.

FSL used following battery for our design testing – Powerizer PL-7548168WR 3.7V 6400mAh: Purchased at www.batteryspace.com

The customer can use any battery they desire (see notes).

3060_3060.png

* NOTES:

• All SD platforms have the battery charging circuit populated. (The kit with the display included)
  • The cost reduced SD board does not have the charging circuit. (The kit with the board only)
  • The resistor for battery sense allows an independent IC to monitor battery voltage and report it to the i.MX6 processor as a crude method to determine battery charge (via a look up table). A more accurate method requires a fuel gauge.
  • Strongly recommend that battery used comes with protection PCB (over-voltage, over-current, high-temp, etc). These are standard, but if the customer purchases a “cell” only, they are not included.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EdWhite
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I does not get any easier with the SDP,  as long as the board has the battery charging circuit populated.*

There are battery connectors and also holes for direct wire soldering.

FSL used following battery for our design testing – Powerizer PL-7548168WR 3.7V 6400mAh: Purchased at www.batteryspace.com

The customer can use any battery they desire (see notes).

3060_3060.png

* NOTES:

• All SD platforms have the battery charging circuit populated. (The kit with the display included)
  • The cost reduced SD board does not have the charging circuit. (The kit with the board only)
  • The resistor for battery sense allows an independent IC to monitor battery voltage and report it to the i.MX6 processor as a crude method to determine battery charge (via a look up table). A more accurate method requires a fuel gauge.
  • Strongly recommend that battery used comes with protection PCB (over-voltage, over-current, high-temp, etc). These are standard, but if the customer purchases a “cell” only, they are not included.

0 Kudos