Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baremetal Timer Interrupt on M4 of i.MX6SoloX

Jump to solution
Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am downloading baremetal m4 binary from u-boot. I tried some programs without configuring any interrupts on M4 and able to start A9 while M4 is running.  Is there anybody who have tried a baremetal timer interrupt (using EPIT or GPT) example on M4 side of I.MX6SX?

Regards,

Balaji.V

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Balaji,

If in your application, a peripheral will be taken by the M4 core, you need to ensure that it is not being used by the A9 core. Sometimes is just required changing the device tree, but other option could be using the interrupts/peripherals of an RTOS running on the M4 core at the same time that the A9 core like MQX or FreeRTOS. You could refer to the following document for an idea:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-106148

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Balaji,

If in your application, a peripheral will be taken by the M4 core, you need to ensure that it is not being used by the A9 core. Sometimes is just required changing the device tree, but other option could be using the interrupts/peripherals of an RTOS running on the M4 core at the same time that the A9 core like MQX or FreeRTOS. You could refer to the following document for an idea:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-106148

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!