cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare metal(standalone) source code for i.mx6 solo x

kishorakkala
Contributor I

Hi,

we are designing one custom board based on the i.mx6 solo x EVM. we want to use it for standalone bare-metal environment. we don't want to use Linux and Androrid on it . are you providing standalone peripheral test codes for i.mx6 solo x processor? if yes please send us the source codes.  are you providing full fledged updated source code for all the peripherals?

How to compile the i.mx6 bare metal source code? is there any IDE to compile the bare metal source code? if yes then is it freely available in the web ? if yes please send us the link.

Is it possible to debug the standalone applications on IDE?

we are waiting for your valuable information.

7 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the following :

"MX6 SoloX bare metal startup"

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-106253

Regards,

Yuri

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Let me know if You still need bare metal example.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

vasilykochetov
Contributor I

Yuri,

could you please provide me with imx6sx bare metal platform SDK?

Particularly, I need example to work with sdma engine. We don't use Linux on imx6sx.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

m4l490n
Contributor V

YuriMuhin_ng

I would like to have a bare metal example that is not the one on this thread i.mx6 solox for dummies and neither this one MX6 SoloX bare metal startup .

Also, I found this thread i.MX6 Platform SDK 1.1 Release and I'd like to ask why is the SDK no longer available and supported? It seems that would be helpful for me now.

Anyway, I'm using the code found in the i.mx6 solox for dummies thread and it compiles just fine. I was able to compile it using GNU ARM Toolchain in eclipse and it is working out of the box in the sabre board, also in the UDOO-Neo board (Introduction - UDOO Neo Docs ).

I don't have an SD card, unlike the sabre and the UDOO, on my board, instead, I have an eMMC. Therefore I can't copy the A9 binary to the flash as easy as with an SD card. I'm trying to use the manufacturing tool Linux image to try to flash the binary into the eMMC but I haven't been successfully.

So my question is, could you please help me to find a way of flashing the cortex-a9.bin bare-metal code into my onboard eMMC?

I don't know if the MFG tool image is the way to do it but I can't think about anything else.

Thank you very much for the support.

Cheers. 

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As for flashing eMMC - it makes sense to create separate thread in Community.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I sent You link to try the Platform SDK.

Regards,

Yuri.

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no bare metal Platform SDK for the i.MX6SoloX processor available yet. You can use the i.MX6 series platform SDK, already available for other i.MX6 series processors (check under the "Software Development Kits" tab):

i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

to adapt it for i.MX6SoloX.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos