cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Classic and BLE running together and the issue with it

shivashankar
Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have a custom board made up of i.MX6D processor [Nano SOM].

Here, we would like to enable both BT classic as well as BLE.

An Android device is used to connect to the i.Mx6 bluetooth device.

Please find the below different cases we experimented and the issue we are facing :

case 1) BT Classic application and connecting using Android shutter Bluetooth symbol

When there is only BT classic application is running on the board, and an Android device is used to connect to the board. The shutter on Android device is swiped to touch upon the 'bluetooth symbol' to turn on the bluetooth, and then the device is selected, which upon touching, pops up a window for pairing, and subsequently upon entering the pass code the Android device connects to the custom board successfully. 

case 2) BT Classic application and BLE application on target board and connecting using BLE scanner on Android device

When there is BT Classic app and  BLE app, two different applications running simultaneously on the board, and BLE scanner appl on Android device is used to connect to the board.  But this time, we use an Android application called "BLE scanner" to get connected to the board, and the connection was smooth and successful with out any prompt for pass code [as we know, BLE does need pass code to get connected to any device].

case 3) BT Classic application and BLE application on target board and connecting to board using Android shutter bluetooth symbol intending to connect to BT Classic.

Now, When we run BT Classic app and BLE app, two different applications both simultaneously on our custom board, and an Android device is used to connect to the board. The same way as in case (1) we tried to connect to the board using 'bluetooth symbol' on shutter, intending to connect to BT app on target custom board, but this time around the pop up on the Android device doesn't ask for pass code, it simply gives two options either to "PAIR" or "CANCEL" , upon selecting "PAIR' option the device gets connection successfully, and from the log on the target custom board, it is getting connected to the BLE application, but not to the BT application.

So, my question is, why is the device getting connected to the BLE but not to the BT Classic even when we select the 'bluetooth symbol' on the Android shutter, and to be noted that, we are not running the BLE android application on the Android device.

Kindly shed some light on this issue.

Regards, 

Shiva Shankar K.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

shivashankar
Contributor II

Hi Team,

The Customer is sitting on our head. 

Could you please help us understand and resolve this issue?

Regards,

Shiva Shankar K.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems like an Android App. issue. It is not a chip issue.

I would suggest you to ask this in Android developer forum https://developer.android.com/.

0 Kudos