cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD-SL-i.MX6 + Genivi GDP

corentinmoirant
Contributor I

Hello,

my goal here is to build the GDP OS by Genivi for the Boundary Devices board BD-SL-i.MX6. I'm following this tutorial : Build Genivi for i.MX6 . I changed the MACHINE variable to "imx6slevk" to fit my board, but unfortunately, the compilation process is stopped by an error around the 2600/3800th task. The log file is quite large, but I spotted this error : "GLES2/gl2.h: No such file or directory". After a few researches, I tried to fix this installing "libgles2-mesa-dev", but still the error remains.

My question is : does someone have already faced this problem ? And in other cases, does someone have a compiled image for this board, or a way to successfully do it ?

Regards,

Corentin Moirant

Labels (1)
3 Replies

corentinmoirant
Contributor I

Nevertheless, there should be no link between the OS where i'm doing the compilation and the board. I mean I compile the GDP on an OS for the board, so there should be no errors while compiling. If the problem is the GPU, the error should come when the SD card is plugged to the board at startup, am I right ?

It leads me to another subsidiary question : I firstly tried to do the compilation process on Kali Linux, and Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, but all three failed. Then I downloaded Genivi SDE for Raspberry Pi 3 (which is the GDP OS distributed as a VirtualBox image), and compiled successfully the GDP for the "imx6qpsabresd" board (but had the error mentioned earlier for the "imx6slevk"). My thought was that nothing except the OS itself will be better to compile a similar one. And it seems to worked partially. Am I doing wrong, and which host OS would you recommend me for the compilation ?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Corentin Moirant,

In this case in particular the genivi image recipe is written for the imx6qsabreauto machine, so it’s possible that even when switching the machine variable some dependencies remain unchanged and if these dependencies are a must they would halt the baking process (even if the libraries were to remain untouched, as they are marked as required).

The recommended host for baking Yocto images is Ubuntu 14.04, at least for most of NXP’s Yocto layers. The image for the imx6qsabreauto should be baked successfully in this host.

The Genivi image is supported only on the Sabre auto board so if you have problems baking for another NXP board you could reach NXP Professional Services to see if a port to a different board is possible.

Regards,

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Corentin Moirant,

The GENIVI image was made for the i.MX6Q Sabre AI board since it’s intended for Automotive Infotainment, so I’m not sure that the image can be baked for other machines. The i.MX6SoloLite in particular has a smaller GPU than that of the i.MX6Q, which supports 2D and Vector graphics only so that may be the cause of the OpenGL ES errors.

Regards,