cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure SDK on iMX6ULEVK

sandeep_suresh
Contributor I

Dear all,

I was able to build and test sample applications for Azure cloud connectivity on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS after successfully building the IoT-SDK. I am referring to this SDK:-

https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c

Were any of you able to cross compile, build, run and test sample application on imx6ul-evk? If yes, Can you help me the detailed steps?

Thanks & regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

esiauwidjaja
Contributor I

Hello Sandeep, have you got any luck with this? Can you share some insight? I got stuck on the same issue.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I got reply from expert team:

"Python in the i.MX BSP should be as simple as building the python3 recipe into a Yocto image.Installing Debian on i.MX isn't difficult. I have a write-up on the internal wiki using the debootstrap method. In the simplest terms, you use the U-Boot and kernel from the i.MX BSP and the Debian root file system. The first stage install prepares an SD card using Debian or Ubuntu on a PC. The second stage runs on the i.MX to install the packages downloaded in the first stage. From there you have a very basic Debian system onto which you can apt-get install any number of pre-built packages."

0 Kudos

sandeep_suresh
Contributor I

Hello Joan Xie,

Thanks for your response. The link is not accessible; Can you please check and let me know?

Thanks & regards
Sandeep Suresh.

0 Kudos

sandeep_suresh
Contributor I

Joan Xie, Another concern is our production system and all the drivers for WLAN & Cellular sub-systems are available in Yocto image. Is it possible to have azure libraries be cross compiled and available in the iMX6 BSP and select it as a part of menu config?

Thanks & regards
Sandeep Suresh.

0 Kudos

sandeep_suresh
Contributor I

Hello Joan Xie, Any update on this?

Dear experts, Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards
Sandeep Suresh.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

current Azure support is for Kinetis, I don't find such solution for imx6, so I just can give some suggestion, you should inistall the debain on the imx products, the link is unavailable now, but can refer to the steps I sent to you after the link, which is simple description

0 Kudos