cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-negotiation not complete in 1 Gigabit Ethernet in KSZ9031

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am facing an weird problem in Ethernet when the speed is 1000 Mbps. When I connect my i.MX6 solo board to the  LAN port which supports 1 Gbps , the LED on the Ethernet port never blinks or glows.  As far as I investigated on this issue the link is not established so the LEDs are off. Software side wen we had a debug we were able to find out that the based on a status variable  the link is made up and down. In working case (10/100 Mbps) , the status variable is updated with the value 796D after reading the register MII_BMSR and non-working case the status value is 7949. After decoding the value we could understand that the auto-negotiation is not getting completed in 1000 Mbps.  I am not getting any clue to debug this issue forward.

Any one has faced such issue ?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjalik

one can check if KSZ9031 correctly programmed, check for example

[PATCH 3/3] ARM: i.MX6: add ethernet phy fixup for KSZ9031 

Ethernet PHY KSZ9031 is not working [SOLVED] 

It has RGMII Pad Skew registers which may be used for adjusted RGMII timings

provided in i.MX6 Datasheet. https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6SDLCEC.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

Our hardware team debugged the issue. and confirmed that no provision is provided for 1 Gbps support in hardware.

0 Kudos