cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio recording issues on imx28evk with arecord

littlemonster
Contributor III

Hi,

I have recently started to work on the imx28evk board. I am trying to record audio thanks to the line in of the board. In the perfect world, I would use libsoundio to get the data but if I manage to make arecord working it would be a good start :smileyhappy:

I managed to play audio easily with the following command : aplay my_wav_file.wav. However, the audio recording seems to be a little trickier. With the folowing command I have no error message but when I try to play it with the previous command I have only a noisy sound.

This is the command that I use : arecord -D hw:0,1 -f S24_LE -c2 -t wav --rate=44100 my_wave_file.wav

The uname -a command shows the following kernel version : Linux imx28evk 4.9.21-fslc+gb69ecd6 #1 Wed Jul 19 16:18:58 BST 2017 armv5tejl armv5tejl armv5tejl GNU/Linux

I work with Yocto and Bitbake. I use a core-image-minimal as starting point and I added the tools that I need. This is my local.conf file : 

MACHINE ??= 'imx28evk'
DISTRO ?= 'fslc-x11'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "debug-tweaks dev-pkgs package-management tools-debug tools-sdk empty-root-password"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
STOPTASKS,/tmp,100M,100K \
ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K \
ABORT,/tmp,10M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = "1"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " chirp libsoundio libbsd"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += " cmake alsa-utils"

Hopping someone will be able to help :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Damien

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Damien

mainline software may lack necessary codecs, like one for official nxp bsps on

Codecs and other Algorithms (2)
http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

so just for test one can try with that bsp using sect.2.2.2.5 Audio Encoder Record attached document.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

littlemonster
Contributor III

Thanks for your answer Igor,

Because I have not LTIB and I started with Yocto which has support I'll keep using it. Thank to your link I will try to build the fsl-image-multimedia image which has the gstreamer packages. These packages are advised in the documentation link so I think It's worth to try with this image.

I'll keep you updated and thanks again :smileyhappy:

Damien

0 Kudos