Attaching Keyboard in iMX6 Sabre Sd Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Keyboard in iMX6 Sabre Sd Board

rejitantony
Contributor II

I am having difficulty inn connecting a Keyboard on to my Sabre sd Board.I have enabled the USB OTG hot plug option in the Kernel configuration. When I connected the mouse it works. But when the keyboard is connected , its saying device not supported.

I am using Linux 3.0.35 source. I used LTIB to build u-boot , u-Image and rootfs ,with profile All packages supported.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you tried using the Freescale Yocto Demo Image BSP? It should have USB keyboard support by default. You could download it from “Operating System Software-Board Support Packages” section of the following link:

SABRE for Smart Devices Reference Design|Freescale

In case that you are using a composite keyboard (for example, with HUB and/or multimedia keys), you could try using a simpler keyboard.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rejitantony
Contributor II

I tried to attach an HCL generic keyboard and i got the following error

usb 1-1: new low speed USB device number 5 using fsl-ehci

usb 1-1: device v047b p00f9 is not supported

input: Silite Generic USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input13

generic-usb 0003:047B:00F9.0005: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Keyboard [Silite Generic USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1/input0

input: Silite Generic USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.1/input/input14

generic-usb 0003:047B:00F9.0006: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.00 Device [Silite Generic USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1/input1

how to find which all devices are supported in by the kernel.

0 Kudos