Are we need to short VDDARM_CAP with VDDARM23_CAP if are use i.MX6 Dual?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we need to short VDDARM_CAP with VDDARM23_CAP if are use i.MX6 Dual?

Jump to solution
sagar_kumar
Contributor I

Hi

Are we need to add 0E between VDDARM_CAP and VDDARM23_CAP so that if we are using i.MX6 Dual then we can make DNI to avoid powering to VDDARM23_CAP or we need to short both rail in i.MX6 Dual variant also?

Please find attached image. Are we need to provide 0E provision between VDDARM_CAP and VDDARM23_CAP like we provide in input side between VDDARM_IN and VDDARM23_IN with R670.?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sagan Kumar,

You can see the guidelines on how to connect the power supplies on the i.MX6D in Section 4.2 of Application Note 4397 (link below).

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4397.pdf

For the i.MX6D the VDDARM23_CAP pins should be tied to GND. If you are designing a layout that allows for both i.MX6D and i.MX6Q variants you would need to add the resistor that would allow to connect VDDARM23_CAP to VDDCORE for the i.MX6Q or to tie it to GDN for the i.MX6D.

If you will only use the i.MX6D and your design does not need to accommodate the i.MX6Q then you may just connect VDDARM23_CAP to GND.

I hope this clarifies your concerns!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sagan Kumar,

You can see the guidelines on how to connect the power supplies on the i.MX6D in Section 4.2 of Application Note 4397 (link below).

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4397.pdf

For the i.MX6D the VDDARM23_CAP pins should be tied to GND. If you are designing a layout that allows for both i.MX6D and i.MX6Q variants you would need to add the resistor that would allow to connect VDDARM23_CAP to VDDCORE for the i.MX6Q or to tie it to GDN for the i.MX6D.

If you will only use the i.MX6D and your design does not need to accommodate the i.MX6Q then you may just connect VDDARM23_CAP to GND.

I hope this clarifies your concerns!

Regards,

0 Kudos