Are there General Purpose Boot Registers (GPBR) on an i.MX6 platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there General Purpose Boot Registers (GPBR) on an i.MX6 platform?

Jump to solution
christian_s
Contributor II

I've been using GPBRs on a ARM9 G45 based project to count reboots in the bootloader.

I'd like to do the same on an i.MX6Q based project, but I cannot find any information about GPBRs in the reference manual.

Are there any, or anything similar?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 platform contains so-called Secure Non-Volatile Storage (SNVS) module, that includes the SNVS_LP General Purpose Register (SNVS_LPGPR), that can be used by any application to store any general-purpose data, that will remain unchanged during reboot and even in the power down mode, if the battery backup feature is implemented in the system.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 platform contains so-called Secure Non-Volatile Storage (SNVS) module, that includes the SNVS_LP General Purpose Register (SNVS_LPGPR), that can be used by any application to store any general-purpose data, that will remain unchanged during reboot and even in the power down mode, if the battery backup feature is implemented in the system.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos