Are the iMX6D contact assignments identical for consumer/automotive/industrial versions of part?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the iMX6D contact assignments identical for consumer/automotive/industrial versions of part?

tedwolfe
Contributor II

We are using the MCIMX6D5EYM10AC processor (consumer, extended commercial temp range, non-lidded FCPBGA pkg, silicon rev. 1.2) on our custom board, and are thinking of changing to the MCIMX6D6AVT10AD version of the part (automotive, automotive temp range, lidded FCPBGA pkg, silicon rev. 1.3) for a future build.  Both parts use the same 21 x 21 mm, 624-ball FCPBGA package, however it is not clear to me whether the package signal contact assignments are identical for the two versions of the part. We are hoping the contact assignments are identical, so we can build additional boards with the automotive part, without having to re-layout the board to change the signal routing. I noticed that there are separate datasheets for the consumer, automotive and industrial part versions, so it makes me think the contact assignments might not be identical.  Can anyone tell me so that I don't have to manually compare the 624 contact assignments for the 2 parts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Basically i.MX6 devices of Solo, DualLite, Quad, Dual modifications

are pin-to-pin compatible, but please refer  to  the next app note regardidng

some specifics of i.MX6 parts.

AN4397 : “Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite”

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4397.pdf

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tedwolfe
Contributor II

Thanks Yuri. I read AN4397, it seems to me that any two iMX6 Dual versions (such as MCIMX6D5EYM10AC and MCIMX6D6AVT10AD that I listed earlier) will have identical pinouts. You only run into possible conflicts when you attempt to migrate between Dual, Quad, DualLite and Solo versions. In fact, all the iMX6 parts have the identical “Ball Map” (AN4397 pg 9), but signal muxing to the balls and connection requirements for the balls differs between Dual, Quad, DualLite and Solo versions (hence AN4397 is required). Does it sound like I have this straight?

Thanks,

Ted

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ted, hello

> it seems to me that any two iMX6 Dual versions (such as MCIMX6D5EYM10AC and
> MCIMX6D6AVT10AD that I listed earlier) will have identical pinouts.

Correct.

Regards,
Yuri.

0 Kudos