Any documentation about SystemReady-IR support on i.MX8M Mini EVK ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any documentation about SystemReady-IR support on i.MX8M Mini EVK ?

mbriand
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use SystemReady-IR support on i.MX8M Mini EVK, as this is a certified product. I haven't found any release note or other document describing how to use it, so I'm just experimenting here. Is there any document giving some details ?

I'm using the SystemReady certified bootloader image for the EVK (L5.10.35_2.0.0_BOOT_8MM), with Fedora IoT 34, OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and Debian testing arm64 DVD (up-to-date versions, not exactly the one described on ARM certification page) on USB sticks. So far I succeed to boot OpenSUSE installer, but that's pretty much all. Debian installer boots correctly but is not able to detect the USB stick once booted, it seems an USB bus driver is missing. I was not able to boot any of these images in "live" mode.

So I was wondering, is there anywhere a document describing how to reproduce the full process used during the certification ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mathieu

one can refer to sect.4.8 Arm SystemReady-IR  i.MX Linux User’s Guide​

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

mbriand
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Many thanks for your reply.

Following your instructions, I was indeed able to install both openSuse and Debian distributions. Some components such as HDMI display were not supported, but this is probably fine. Can you just confirm this is not something that is known to work ?

I tried to boot Fedora IOT 34 from an SD card, but I still have the same issue. Grub loads correctly, but then the Linux kernel boot hangs with only the following messages on serial console:

Device 0: unknown device
EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel...
EFI stub: EFI_RNG_PROTOCOL unavailable
EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table
EFI stub: Exiting boot services and installing virtual address map...

Is this an issue you are aware of ?

Best regards,

Mathieu

0 Kudos