Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android4.4.2 UDP stream on i.MX6Q

Jump to solution
lqll
Contributor III

Hi,sir:

According to <i_MX_Android_Extended_Codec_Release_Notes>,I  update android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_omxplayer_source.tar.gz ,then I can play udp stream on i.MX6Q,but I found that only some video can play well,others full of pixelization and the sound often stop.

All my test video are 25~30FPS,4000~5000kb/s,720P or 1080P,and all encode in H.264.

I use vlc on my PC to be streaming server,and use Gallery on android4.4.2 to be streaming client.

So,please help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lqll
Contributor III

All right,I fix it.The problem caused by the tiny UDP buffer.

Change this file:

~/android/external/fsl_imx_omxlib_ffmpeg/libavformat/udp.c

-#define UDP_MAX_PKT_SIZE 65536

+#define UDP_MAX_PKT_SIZE 1048576

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lqll
Contributor III

All right,I fix it.The problem caused by the tiny UDP buffer.

Change this file:

~/android/external/fsl_imx_omxlib_ffmpeg/libavformat/udp.c

-#define UDP_MAX_PKT_SIZE 65536

+#define UDP_MAX_PKT_SIZE 1048576

0 Kudos
lqll
Contributor III

I forget to say,all my test video are play well when they stored in eMMC or played by http protocal.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Iql,

This scenario it is not going to work , because the Android Gallery does not have the feature to receive information through the streaming server, you need an application that handle this feature,  for example adding the VLC client to your android device or any other  APP that handle the streaming functionality

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos