cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android user vs eng mode i.MX6 boot issue

nickbourdon
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have been working with an Android build (7.1.1) for a design based on the SabreSD 6dq. I have a build script that I've been using for many months that allows me to easily switch between building as -user or -eng mode. I used to switch frequently but haven't run -user mode since November and have made many changes since. Building either image still works fine and -eng mode boots all the way but -user mode get stuck when trying to start kernel services. 

I've attached logs for each boot configuration. They are nearly identical until line 546 where there are mounting issues for one of the partitions. This prevents all of the *.rc files from being parsed and more errors happen from there until I continuously get the common:

binder: 179:179 transaction failed 29189, size 0-0

There are many suggestions online about disabling selinux and dm_verity in the bootagrs. I've tried this even though it would only be a temporary fix but that didn't resolve the issue. The kernel services start up in this case, but they all get killed and started over and over again.

Any ideas as to what differences in user/eng mode may be causing this or why the partition can't be mounted would be much appreciated! Thanks,

Nick

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This is a little bit strange, the problem usually is solved disabling selinux  and dm_verity. Have you tried with the below bootargs?

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd boota mmc2
U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32
video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=128M androidboot.console=ttymxc0
consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=448M androidboot.selinux=permissive
androidboot.dm_verity=disable
U-Boot > saveenv

Please take note that those bootargs are for an LDVS screen.

I hope this can solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

nickbourdon
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

thanks for the response. Per your suggestion, I tried switching androidboot.selinux from "disabled" to "permissive" but I get basically the same result with far fewer log messages. The services still continually start and get killed, though. I've attached my log.

0 Kudos