Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android media player without sound

Jump to solution
damienhuang
Contributor IV

Hi,

helpers needed,

I am running the boundary android lollipop 5.0 kernel on a customised sabrelite board that has no sound chip loaded. I tried to play youtube movies on browser, but the browser crashed with below message:

W/VideoCapabilities( 1952): Unrecognized profile/level 32768/2 for video/mp4v-es
I/VideoCapabilities( 1952): Unsupported profile 4 for video/mp4v-es
W/AudioPolicyManager( 188): getOutput() could not find output for stream 3, samplingRate 0,format 0, channels 3, flags 0
E/AudioTrack( 1952): Unable to query output sample rate for stream type -1; status -1
E/AudioTrack-JNI( 1952): AudioTrack::getMinFrameCount() for sample rate 44100 failed with status -1
E/android.media.AudioTrack( 1952): getMinBufferSize(): error querying hardware
W/System.err( 1952): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid audio buffer size.
W/System.err( 1952): at android.media.AudioTrack.audioBuffSizeCheck(AudioTrack.java:600)
W/System.err( 1952): at android.media.AudioTrack.<init>(AudioTrack.java:431)

I am wondering if someone can help me in disabling the output of audio data while still allowing video to be shown.

Thanks in advance.

thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas & happy new year

Damien

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Damien,

In i.MX6Q, there are HDMI codec and SPIDF audio module, if you have slected them when configuring linux kernel, browser still crashed, it means the issue is not related to Audio chip.

So you can firstly check if HDMI codec and SPDIF have beed added to linuk kenel.

Hope above information can help you!

Best Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Damien,

In i.MX6Q, there are HDMI codec and SPIDF audio module, if you have slected them when configuring linux kernel, browser still crashed, it means the issue is not related to Audio chip.

So you can firstly check if HDMI codec and SPDIF have beed added to linuk kenel.

Hope above information can help you!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos