cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android KitKat4.4.2/4.4.3 Video Play not smooth

wilsonchen
Contributor III

hi,all:

I use android kitkat4.4.2 to boot up my imx6q board that base on the sabresd board. I play video on it,I found video play not smooth.

But when I use android JB4.3 or android ICS4.0.4 ,the video play is very smooth. I use the same board to test.

What 's the problem?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is the software problem of the release. Try the KK4.4.3_200 release, available on the Freescale web site (check under the "Operating System Software-Board Support Packages" tab):

i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wilsonchen
Contributor III

hi,Artur:

I test the kk4.4.3_2.0 android system,the same result appear.It is also not smooth.

0 Kudos

chenguoyin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you need to request the fsl extended mm package which described in our release note included in release package.

0 Kudos

wilsonchen
Contributor III

hi,Guoyin:

I read the i.MX Android™ Extended Codec Release Notes ,it mention that android_kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga_omxplayer_source.tar.gz software package will be used.

but I cannot find this package in the android_KK4.4.3_2.0.0-ga_core_source.gz  .It's the extra package?  Where can I download it?

0 Kudos