Android JB 4.3 - where is android_usb_fsl.zip?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android JB 4.3 - where is android_usb_fsl.zip?

Jump to solution
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

This post refers to a zip-file named android_usb_fsl.zip that contains the device driver for ADB on Windows machines:

Re: i.MX6: Android connect to ADB

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it in any of the packages in the Android JB4.3_1.0.0-GA release.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joecrop
Contributor II

In the post you refereed to they require you to get that zip file from the MX53 BSP package.

3. Unpack the Freescale Android USB win driver "android_usb_fsl.zip" in your Android BSP release package. If you can't find this file in your current package, please get the R10.3.x release for i.MX5x and unpack it.

4. File "tetherxp.inf" in the unpacked "android_usb_fsl" may not be the updated one if the "android_usb_fsl.zip" is extracted from an old release. So, please overwrite the file "tetherxp.inf" in unpacked "android_usb_fsl.zip" by the new "tetherxp.inf" in your current Android BSP release.

I got this zip file, replaced the "tetherxp.inf" file from the MX6SL BSP and installed. A new device (Android ADB Interface) now shows up in my device manager but has an error: "This device cannot start (Code 1)" which implies the driver is wrong.

Try downloading the MX53 BSP and let me konw if you have any luck.

So far this is still not working for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
joecrop
Contributor II

In the post you refereed to they require you to get that zip file from the MX53 BSP package.

3. Unpack the Freescale Android USB win driver "android_usb_fsl.zip" in your Android BSP release package. If you can't find this file in your current package, please get the R10.3.x release for i.MX5x and unpack it.

4. File "tetherxp.inf" in the unpacked "android_usb_fsl" may not be the updated one if the "android_usb_fsl.zip" is extracted from an old release. So, please overwrite the file "tetherxp.inf" in unpacked "android_usb_fsl.zip" by the new "tetherxp.inf" in your current Android BSP release.

I got this zip file, replaced the "tetherxp.inf" file from the MX6SL BSP and installed. A new device (Android ADB Interface) now shows up in my device manager but has an error: "This device cannot start (Code 1)" which implies the driver is wrong.

Try downloading the MX53 BSP and let me konw if you have any luck.

So far this is still not working for me.

0 Kudos
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Thanks Joe,

With that, I was able to find the package (whew!).

I don't run Windows, but passed it on to a customer to see if it helps.

We've had lots of other queries from Windows customers who haven't gone through this process.

Under Linux, things just work :smileywink:

0 Kudos